Sunday, September 27, 2009

Newest Obsession


I have come to realize I really enjoy reading biographies. I read Tori Spelling's book, Go Ask Alice (which was a true diary), I am currently reading Kathy Griffin's book and I believe there are a few more, but thinking is not my strong suit on Sunday afternoons. Reading about their lives and the struggles they went through growing up makes me feel connected to them in some way; as if I can open to a page in their book and find the answer as to deal with certain issues, such as a bad breakup, trying to find a job and pursuing my dream. Their tales are sort of a "How-To" for me. Their struggles make me realize I am not the only person who has dealt with certain life issues. There are other people out in the world who have more to worry about then their boyfriend cheating on them or that they did not win homecoming queen; they have real problems like trying to find ways to support their family. Okay, I am getting off topic, but my main point is, I know I do not have the most dramatic life issues, but it is nice to read that other's have gone through it, and how they made it out.

By reading biographies, I find myself thinking more about the book I want to write. It is non-fiction, but some would call it a biography, because it is about my life. However, just as how I learned and was helped by these people's stories, I hope that my story would help someone, even if it is just one. I know that majority of my problems revolved around boys, but that is life, trying to find yourself and trying to find someone who you want to share your life with. Well, that is what the book is about, trying to find myself, without being defined by guy. I feel there is a time in every girls life where she feels that she will only be complete when some guy loves her, but it is NOT true. You are complete when you truly love YOURSELF. That is what these women have taught me through their stories, and I hope to one day do the same for another.

4 comments:

  1. I love biographies and autobiographies! Have you ever read "LA Candy" by Lauren Conrad the girl on the hills, or "Jackie after Jack" which is about Jackie Kennedy. I think you would really enjoy the, I did! Haha I definitely can not wait for your book, because I know I will be in it. This was fun to read Nicole!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Biographies are very interesting, and I have to say it would be really awesome to write an auto-biography. You're idea for your book sounds really cool, I'm sure you will touch many people with your words. Good luck =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Biographies always teach more than any textbook ever could. Real people, especially if they can laugh at themselves are the most epic books. I could see you being one of these select people and I would love to read what you have to write.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love reading biographies! I get so drawn into people's lives and all the drama. I hope you get to write yours :)

    ReplyDelete